IP2017 - Issues Creating And Testing Applet Server Script Using Workspace
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 17.0 [IP2017] version, Siebel VB / eScript / COM
Opening a Checkpointed Workspace does not run any script written in that workspace.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Workspace in Siebel Tools.
2. Open the Workspace and locate an applet (e.g., LOY Member List Applet)
3. Edit Server Scripts and add any script, e.g.:
function WebApplet_PreInvokeMethod (MethodName)
if (Name == "NewQuery")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Hit the NewQuery Event");
4. Close the Scripts Window.
5. Launch the Siebel Web Client (e.g., Siebel Loyalty ENU)
6. Access the Workspaces view.
7. Select the Edit-In-Progress Workspace.
8. Click Open
9. Click Inspect
10. Close the Workspaces view
11. Access the view containing the scripted applet. Note the error that appears:
We detected an Error which may have occurred for one or more of the following reasons: No records exist for the current query.(SBL-DAT-00468)
1) Inspecting a Workspace that has an Applet or BC scripted for the first time in that workspace results in the error noted.
2) Inspecting a Workspace with scripted objects previously delivered executes the script normally.
3) Inspecting a Workspace with additional script on the same object only executes the delivered script but does not error.
3) Opening a Checkpointed Workspace does not execute scripts written in that workspace, but does execute script previously delivered to the main branch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms