IP2017 - Issues Creating And Testing Applet Server Script Using Workspace
(Doc ID 2304443.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 17.0 [IP2017] version, Siebel VB / eScript / COM
Opening a Checkpointed Workspace does not run any script written in that workspace.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Workspace in Siebel Tools.
2. Open the Workspace and locate an applet (e.g., LOY Member List Applet)
3. Edit Server Scripts and add any script, e.g.:
function WebApplet_PreInvokeMethod (MethodName)
if (Name == "NewQuery")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Hit the NewQuery Event");
4. Close the Scripts Window.
5. Launch the Siebel Web Client (e.g., Siebel Loyalty ENU)
6. Access the Workspaces view.
7. Select the Edit-In-Progress Workspace.
8. Click Open
9. Click Inspect
10. Close the Workspaces view
11. Access the view containing the scripted applet. Note the error that appears:
We detected an Error which may have occurred for one or more of the following reasons: No records exist for the current query.(SBL-DAT-00468)
1) Inspecting a Workspace that has an Applet or BC scripted for the first time in that workspace results in the error noted.
2) Inspecting a Workspace with scripted objects previously delivered executes the script normally.
3) Inspecting a Workspace with additional script on the same object only executes the delivered script but does not error.
3) Opening a Checkpointed Workspace does not execute scripts written in that workspace, but does execute script previously delivered to the main branch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!