Replying Emails From Communication Detail View Sometime Shows the Original Message With HTML Tags and No Carriage Return Showing All In A Single Line
(Doc ID 2311279.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Automotive - Version 18.104.22.168.1 [IP2014] to 17.3 [IP2017] [Release V8 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.1 [IP2014] version, Comms Server & Email Response
When replying to inbound email message the Original Message included in the Reply message start to show all the HTML tags and the whole Original Message in a single line without the carriage return and line feed control character for a new line.
The issue can be reproduced at will for some inbound email messages with the following steps:
1) User login to Siebel Site Map>Communication screen
2) User select a inbound email message in Communications List, usually a message coming from MS Outlook with HTML tags.
3) User drill down on Subject to see the inbound email first in Communication Detail View.
4) User click on Reply button from Communication Detail View on Comm Item Form Applet
5) User goes to Communication Response - Detail View, the original message is included the reply message body of the reply email, but it shows on a single line with all HTML tags.
The exactly same email works fine when replied directly from Communications List in Inbound Item List View (Site Map>Communications>Communications List).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document