Latest Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) 4.1.12-103.* Prevents Siebel Server And Other Applications To Startup Correctly.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.0 [IP2015] and later
Recent version of Oracle Linux 7.x and 6.x may have UEK 4.1.12.x as their kernel.
When they are upgraded to the latest kernel (4.1.12-103.7.3.el7uek.x86_64 as of 10/20/2017), Siebel Server does not start up correctly. Behavior should look like one of them.
1) start_server script never completes. siebsvc process for Siebel Server is not created.
2) start_server script finishes and siebsvc process for Siebel Server is created. However any other child processes are not created. If system monitor has been running before start_server, it displays the status of siebsvc process as "uninterruptible".
In any of cases, there are several other issues.
- Terminal windows cannot be started.
- ps command never returns.
- poweroff command may not work so that hardware reset is necessary.
This behavior has been observed on several Siebel version, including IP2017, IP2016 and IP2015. Although other Siebel versions are not tested, the same behavior is likely to occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms