Hierarchical Promotions that Update Multiple Promotion Attributes Fail to Process
(Doc ID 2322295.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 15.4 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.4 [IP2015] version, Loyalty
Hierarchical Loyalty Promotions that update multiple Promotion Attributes fail to process and the below error is shown:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a new Loyalty Promotion with Rule Model = Hierarchy
- Create three Promotion Attributes.
- Create a top level rule set.
- Add an action where one of the Promo Attributes is updated.
- Add a Criteria as a second level.
- Add an action under that Criteria where another Promo Attribute is updated.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for a third level Criteria with Action.
- Activate the Promotion and submit a transaction that qualifies for at least the second level of Criteria.
Expected outcome: All Promotion Specific Attributes referenced by the Action steps are updated.
Actual outcome: Transaction fails with "Rejected - Engine" and processing log shows: "A record that contains identical values to the record you have created already exists. If you would like to enter a new record, please ensure that the field values are unique.(SBL-DAT-00381)"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document