When Using F9 with MS Outlook and DISA, The Attachments Added in Siebel Are Corrupted in MS Outlook, File Has 0 bytes
(Doc ID 2336353.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 22.214.171.124.12 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use Siebel F9 feature with MS Outlook integration using DISA 2.17.8, any attachment added in "File Popup Applet Without URL" pop up applet is not sent properly to the MS Outlook email item opened by Siebel. It show the attachment file correct in the MS Outlook but if you try to open the file sent by Siebel to MS Outlook editor for review the file an error occur, like for a .pdf you might get the message" Adobe Reader could not open "xxxx" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."
The error occurs for any file type and it seems that the file passed from Siebel to MS Outlook has 0 bytes, so the file indeed is corrupted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in Siebel Production environment using a Load Balancer in front of the Siebel Web Servers.
1. Login to Siebel Application
2. Make sure that User Preferences>Outbound Communications> Send Email> Email Client = Microsoft Outlook
3. Make sure you have DISA 2.17.8 installed and running
4. Go to Contacts List View
5. Select a Contact and click F9 hot key
6. A pop up windows show up to select the Message Template and Attachment
7. Click on the Attachment to enter an attachment
8. A new pop up Windows show up, click on + to add an attachment.
9 . A new pop up Windows show up, click on File Name to pop up another window
10. Another pop up is open where you can click on Browser button
11. Click on Browser and select a file (.pdf or .jpeg, or any format)
12. You are back to attachment applet opened in 9. You can see the file name and size, click on Save icon
13. You are back to the pop up 8, click OK.
14. You are back to the pop up 6
15. Click OK
16. The MS Outlook email editor is opened with the attachment
17. Try to open the attachment added, it fails, check the size it has 0 bytes. The file is corrupted.
If the Load Balancer is bypassed calling the URL that point directly to one of the Siebel Web Server everything works fine.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!