IP2014 And IP2015 - Siebel Tools Debugger Issues (Doc ID 2104208.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 16.9 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Context: Siebel Tools Debugger
When debugging script, Siebel Tools stops at a specified breakpoints. When using 'Step Over' or 'Step In' to try to move through the code, Siebel Tools just flickers wildly for several seconds then fails to progress the code pointer. Sometime, pressing F8 / Step Over 5 or 6 times will progress to the next line but often this doesn't work either.
1. Navigate and lock Contact BC
2. Open Server Script and choose eScript option
3. Select BusComp_PreGetFieldValue and enable pre-default code i.e.
function BusComp_PreGetFieldValue (FieldName, &FieldValue)
4. Write below code in writerecord event:
function BusComp_WriteRecord ()
var BO : BusObject = TheApplication().GetBusObject("Account");
var BC : BusComp = BO.GetBusComp("Account");
var WshShell = COMCreateObject("WScript.Shell");
5. Compile changes and open webclient in debug mode.
6. Put break points on code written in write record.
7. In webclient navigate to Contact List View.
8. Select one record and save record.
9. Observer that execution stops at break point
10. Use F8 to debug, notice screen starts flicking and execution stays on the
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms