Open UI + IE11: Application Freeze When Invoking File Attachment
(Doc ID 2339366.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2018
Applies to:Siebel eCommunications - Version 15.18 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.18 [IP2015] version, when trying to open an attachment with IE11 and Open UI , a java warning appear ( unavailable version of Java required ) while in the background the file download applet is loaded. In case the applet was downloaded without confirming the Java prompt the application n freezes.
Application should not hang.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to service request screen , Service request list and drill down on a SR.
2. Select Attachments subview and click to open an attachment
3. Java warning appear:
"This application would like to open a version of Java that is not installed on your computer. We recommend running the application with the latest version of Java installed on your computer.
This message appears for example when java 1.8 is installed and application expects Java 1.7. in which SiebelAttachment.jar was compiled.
4. In the background the file download applet is loaded.
5. Press the "Run with the last version of Java" option , the warning is closed but the application is freezed.
6. User must kill the session and start a new siebel session, but the warning will not occur again.
Users need to kill the session and start a new session.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!