Calculated Field Using InvokeSeviceMethod() Is Only Evaluated Once
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Sales - Version 18.104.22.168 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue with InvokeServiceMethod() used on a calculated whereby calculated field is only evaluated once, and not on subsequent changes.
1. Create calculated field with expression: InvokeServiceMethod(" [ add custom here ] ","GetFullName","FirstName=eval([First Name]),LastName=eval([Last Name])","Result"))
2. "On Field Update Set" BC user properties that will update a field ([Full Name]) based on the value of this calculation whenever the [First Name] or [Last Name] fields are updated.
3. When the first field is updated (it doesn't matter which field is updated first, could be the First or Last name) the calculated field is evaluated and the [Full Name] field is updated.
4. But when the second field is updated the calculated field is not re-evaluated and hence the [Full Name] is not updated.
5. Adding additional references to the First and Last name fields in the calculated expression does appear to work around this issue as it seems to force the calculated field to be re-valuated when each of the First/Last Name fields is updated.
Created a calculated field that uses InvokeServiceMethod().
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms