Need To Display Search Result Fields In Fewer Lines
(Doc ID 2350907.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 16.17 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In IP 2013, Find operation displays (say) 8 fields from Contacts, in 2 lines.
However, in IP 2016, the Advanced Find displays the same 8 fields from Contacts in 4 lines (2 fields per line).
This results in fewer records from the result set to be displayed on the screen. Users have to scroll up and down to view the extra records.
1. Using Siebel Tools, customize Find object "Account" to display 8 fields in result.
2. From Siebel Application, navigate to Advanced Find --> Find --> Accounts.
3. Upon performing the search, 8 fields are displayed in "Search Results".
4. Notice that the 8 fields are displayed in 4 lines. This restricts more number of records being displayed without having to use the vertical scrollbar.
5. Need customization means to display more number of fields per line (say 4), so that each record is displayed in 2 lines, thereby Users can see more number of search result records.
Attempted the following customization in theme-aurora.css
This satisfied the requirement. However, other Custom Form Applets that are displayed side-by-side got shrunk and hence, had to back off the changes.
Looking for a different workaround / ability to customize the display area so that more fields on displayed in a single line thereby more records could be seen without having to use the scroll bar.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document