Parent Record MODIFICATION_NUM Was Updated Without Any New Information After Adding Record On Association Applet
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.0 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Parent record is updated without any new information after AddRecord on association applet. Why field "MODIFICATION_NUM" of any parent Business Component get updated to the same value as before when Association Applet is updated?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Siebel;
2. Open view "Activity List View";
3. Create new record Action;
4. Set values in required fields;
5. Save this new Action (Ctrl+S); The Siebel user will be primary Employee for this new Action.
7. DrillDown into new record Action and select tab Participants.
8. On down List applet "Employee (MM) List Applet", click on button "Add record";
9. It will pop up "Employee Assoc Applet" with several Employees, select one different Siebel user associated on step 5.
10. Click "Ok".
11. Our Employee from point 9, will be added under Action as second Employee without "SSA Primary Field and show up in "Employee (MM) List Applet"
12. If you do a CTRL+ALT+K (About record) the Modification # = 0 as expected.
But if you check the OM log you see this unusual update statement:
ObjMgrSqlLog Detail 4 000000025a391458:0 2017-12-19 16:31:30 INSERT/UPDATE statement with ID: Unknown
UPDATE SIEBEL.S_EVT_ACT SET MODIFICATION_NUM = MODIFICATION_NUM
WHERE ROW_ID = :1 AND MODIFICATION_NUM = :2
ObjMgrSqlLog Detail 4 000000025a391458:0 2017-12-19 16:31:30 Bind variable 1: 1-1PK4A1P
ObjMgrSqlLog Detail 4 000000025a391458:0 2017-12-19 16:31:30 Bind variable 2: 1
That basically set the MODIFICATION_NUM to the same value as before that is 1.
The main issue here is that customer is using Oracle Golden Gate (GG) software to replicate Siebel Databases . The GG is setup with "SCD Type 2: Full Changes History, where for each DML (insert, update, delete) operation with record on Siebel Database, is create new record on Replication Database". So these dummies updates generate duplicate records in Siebel replication database.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms