UCM Merge Process Does Not Process the Grandchild Records of the Victim Record
(Doc ID 2352547.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Universal Customer Master - Version 15.12 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The CRM UCM Account merge transaction correctly takes care of parent level entities tied to a Victim account (Opportunities, Quotes, and Orders), but it does NOT take care of the grandchild level.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Account and added the Order to this Account and make sure the
Order have Order Line Items
2. Create another Account with the similar information that was created in
the Step(1) and make sure the Second Account has Order and Order line items
3. When the Possible Matching Account Popup Applet is opened please click
Ignore all button.
4. Navigate to the UCM > existing Duplicate View > Duplicate Account and you
will find the duplicate record.
5. Drill down on the Duplicate Record and Click the Merge Button on the
Duplicate Account Resolution Applet.
6. After the Merge is done. Please navigate back to the Account to check the
7. The Survivor Account will have two Orders and the Parent of these Orders
have been updated property. But when you check the Order Line item of the
Order which is moved from the Victim Account to Survivor Account you will
find that the Order Line Item is still showing the Victim Account Name
instead of the the Survivor Account Name.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document