Siebel Mobile: MobileDbXtract components seem to ignore the Local Access Flag = N for views and would extract those
(Doc ID 2358785.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Mobile Applications - Version 16.17 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Mobile Specific - on version: 16.17 [IP2016]
Mobile DB Extract component is ignoring Local Access Flag on views
Mobile DB Extract component (i.e. MobileDbxtract_enu or similar - depending on the application used) log shows that views that have the Local Access Flag unchecked (set to N/False) are still extracted, resulting in unnecessary processing (many records accessed).
There maybe some views available for Online Mobile users but that data should not be extracted when the user is in Offline mode as the data set could be too large.
View data is extracted for views with Local Access Flag = N in user's Responsibility.
View data should not be extracted for views with Local Access Flag = N.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Responsibility with at least one View that has Local Access set to N/False;
2. Assign that responsibility to a test user;
3. Register a Mobile Client for the test user;
4. Run Database Extract (DbXtract) job for that Mobile Client;
5. Increase evtloglvl to HandheldSyncLog=5 for MobileDbXtract component;
6. Log in to Siebel Mobile application as the test user;
7. Monitor MobileDbXtract log files for "extracting view";
8. Confirm that view data is extracted even if view has Local Access Flag = N.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, Mobile users may experience very long extract times and may get a lot a lot of data extracted that is not needed in Offline mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document