IP17 - How is the "Inspect" function behaving with browser scripts?
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
IP17 Workspace 'Inspect' causes application to show blank screen for other users
Observed that on inspect & deliver, application looks for a new folder name but the SRF folder in D:\Siebel\IP17_AI\applicationcontainer\webapps\siebel remains the same (unchanged).
Inspect Should not cause blank page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Client: Web Client [https://[machine]/siebel/app/callcenter/enu ]
Browser: Google Chrome
Changed IP Machine ( tested from another computer ).
1. Login to application
2. Click on the workspace icon and select the workspace created ( the one under Edit )
3. Click open and inspect
4. After in-memory publish navigate to the location where the BS should be triggered ( again here is a different behavior because I do not get the blank page )
5. Check console log:
https://[machine]/siebel/srf1_444/bscripts/all/applet_sis_account_list_applet.js 404 ()
6. Create folder and copy scripts inside
7. Refresh UI and check that the pop-up is triggered > OK
STEPS | NAVIGATION:
Now, for the customer replicating steps:
1. Login to Tools
2. Create a new workspace
3. Make changes to "SIS Account List Applet":
- Inactivated New Record functionality
4. Exit Tools
5. Left the Application logged in > so I logged out and then went to step #6.
6. Login to application
7. Click on the workspace icon and select the workspace created above.
8. Click open and inspect
9. After in-memory publish, check that the changes are loaded on the UI.
10. Go to the context where the BS should be triggered
11. The pop-up is not shown, and the console log displays error that the BS location is not found. There is no need for the F5 press.
https://[machine]/siebel/srf6553709_444/bscripts/all/applet_sis_account_list_applet.js 404 ()
12. For testing purposes create the new folder and copy the BS inside
13. Refresh UI
14. Pop-up is displayed correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms