Create Test Passes Fails With Error "The value entered in field <?> of buscomp <?> does not match any value in the bounded pick list <?>(SBL-DAT-00225)"
(Doc ID 2366964.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After successfully processing an Automation Execution Configuration using Jenkins, the user tried to create the Test Pass for the execution in Siebel Application, but when clicking on button Create Test Passes the following pop up error message show up:
"The value entered in field <?> of buscomp <?> does not match any value in the bounded pick list <?>.(SBL-DAT-00225)"
On the Application Object Manager log file for the user session where the message was observe the following error message are logged too:
The behavior can be reproduced at will following this steps:
1) Create a Test Set in Site Map > Release > Test Set and drill down on it.
2) Add a Test Script that was previously recorded, generated and imported using the Record Panel (Camcorder icon when login with ?SWECmd=AutoOn at the end of the URL)
3) Create a Master Suite Site Map > Release > Master Suite and drill down on it
4) Add the Test Set created on item 1)
5) Create a Automation Execution Configuration at Site Map > Release > Automation Execution Configuration
6) Schedule the Automation Execution Configuration record created on item 5) using Schedule Run
7) Login to 3rd party Jenkins application integrated with Siebel and execute the Jenkins Siebel Test Execution (STE) Job run to process the Automation Execution Configuration
8) After Jenkins slave node successful executed the STE Job run, refresh the record at Site Map > Release > Automation Execution Configuration created pm item 5)
9) On grand child applet Attachments select the record <Test Run #>_<Run #>_<Master Suite Name>_MasterSuite_<Run#>.xml
10) On grand child applet Attachments click on button "Create Test Passes" the pop up error show up.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document