Audit Records for a User are Deleted if the User Record is Deleted
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.18 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.18 [IP2015] version, Client Functionality
The Audit records for a user are deleted if the User record is deleted.
The Audit Trail records for a user should not be deleted from the system even if the User is deleted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login into the Siebel application. Identify a user record which can be deleted from Administration - Users > Users.
2. In the Audit Trail > Audit Trail Items, query for the user (Identified in the previous step) in 'Employee Login' field.
2. If there are no records found, login with the user id (Identified in step 1) and carry out operation which would generate some Audit Trail (E.g. Create Opportunity).
3. After the Audit records are generated for the user, navigate to Administration - User > Users and delete the User identified in step 1.
4. Navigate back to Audit Trail > Audit Trail Items, query for the user (Identified step 1) in 'Employee Login' field. No data pertaining to the user would be available now.
The issue has the following business impact:
This issue occurred recently for 1 of our pharmaceutical clients in the Production environment. This made them loose Audit data for about 150 monitoring visits. It is essential for the client to maintain the Audit Log of the Monitoring visits. This issue compromised the documentation of the client and the audit trail capabilities fall short of what is required from a Good Clinical Practice system.This is a compliance issue for them and it is very important to avoid such occurrence in the future and also to retrieve the lost audit log data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms