Browser Script Not Working In Applet Belonging To CSSFrameBase Class
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.18 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is reporting an issue with Window.open functionality not working in IP 2016.
On button click, they are trying to open simple google page, but it is not working.
They have some reports built in .net and need to open the web page which are built dynamically with some parameters.
Further it is observed that browser scripts in Applets belonging to "CSSFrameBase" class, are not working.
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to "HLS Case Form Applet".
2. Add a custom button with method invoked set to "ABCMethod".
3. Add an Applet User Property "CanInvokeMethod: ABCMethod" with a value "TRUE".
4. Add the following browser script to the Applet:
function Applet_PreInvokeMethod (name, inputPropSet)
if (name == "ABCMethod")
alert("hello from Applet_InvokeMethod");
appletName = this.Name();
theApplication().SWEAlert("The name of the applet is: " + appletName);
5. Compile, launch "Siebel Power Application" and navigate to Case List.
6. Upon clicking the custom button, I see the following error message:
The specialized method 'ABCMethod' is not supported on Business Component 'HLS Case' used by Business Object 'HLS Case' (SBL-DAT-00322)
7. However, this works in other Applets.
Changed class of “HLS Case Form Applet” from “CSSFrameBase” class to “CSSFrame”, but didn’t make a difference.
But the same customization works fine with other Applets not belonging to "CSSFrameBase" class.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms