Calendar Control Doesn't Display Time Based On Users Time Zone
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.7 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.7 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Calendar control doesn't display time based on Users time zone
User expects to see time in the timezone as set in user preferences.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Set the Time Zone in User Preferences to (GMT+05:30) IST
- Set the Time Zone in laptop to (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
- Create a New activity
- Planned Start is picked correctly as 4/3/2018 02:43 AM (IST which is GMT+05:30)
- Created field shows 4/3/2018 02:43:12 AM as Created time which is correct in IST.
- Create another New activity
- For Planned Start, use the 'Now' button to pick time
- Planned Start is picked correctly as 4/2/2018 03:14 PM (MST which is GMT-7:00)
- Created field shows 4/3/2018 02:44:04 AM as Created time which is correct in IST
- Note that the Planned Start time has been set in the past.
- In nutshell, the Use of 'Now' button is picking time from the local machine but keeping the Time zone as specified in the User Preferences.
- This is leading to mismatch in the times.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms