Marketing Job is not cancelling immediately
(Doc ID 2382431.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Marketing Job is submitted, if you try to cancel it from Manage Marketing Jobs, Job remains as Cancelling. If you refresh the page, status will be "Running".
The behavior can be reproduced as below:
1. Logon to OBIEE and get a Segment that will run for more than 2 minutes (this execution time is important so we have complex queries being executed)
2. Run "Update Counts" - This can also be tested by running a Campaign Load as it will have a WriteListFiles Job created.
3. Go to Manage Marketing Jobs and locate the "GetCounts" Job
4. Click in the "Cancel" link
5. Status shows "Cancelling"
6. If you Refresh the screen, then you will see it coming back to "Running"
7. Then you can keep clicking "Cancel" and "Refresh" until the Job Status moves from "Running" to "Cancelled".
If you do NOT "Refresh" the Job screen and just wait after hitting "Cancel" first time, after sometime the Job will be cancelled and Job screen will be refreshed showing Job Status = "Cancelled".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document