PromotionWebService - UpgradePromotionToQuote Does Not Support Commitment Start and Duration
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.8 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.8 [IP2016] version, Order Management
PromotionWebService - UpgradePromotionToQuote does not support Commitment Start and its Duration.
PromotionWebService - UpgradePromotionToQuote does not support Commitment Start and its Duration defined in the upgrade path.
User is able to pick the target promotion based on the Commitment Start Date and its duration in the Upgrade Pick Applet during promotion upgrade in Siebel UI. The same function is not supported by PromotionWebService and there are no WS parameters to define commitment duration for Upgrade.
1. Configure PromotionWebService, method UpgradePromotionToQuote
2. Observe that fields Commitment Start Date and Duration are not available.
Commitment Start Date and its duration are needed.
1. Create two different Promotions (Promotion 1 and Promotion 2).
2. For Promotion 1, add Promotion 2 in the upgrade path ( Refer the attached screenshot) with different commitment start dates.
3. Create a base order for Promotion 1 and get it assetized
4. Upgrade the Promotion 1 to Promotion 2 for different commitment periods.
5. Agreements are created (or updated ) as per the commitment start date selected during upgrade promotion.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms