New View Is Not Visibile In Application In IP17
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New View is not visible in the application in IP17.
Steps to Replicate
1. Open Siebel Tools and create a new workspace
2. Go to Views > Copy existing view "Activity List View" and rename to "Activity List View TEST"
3. Copy the screen view "Activity List View" in the screen "Activities Screen" and change the view name to "Activity List View TEST" and set display values:
- Menu Text - &My Activities Test
- Viewbar Text - Activity List View TEST
4. Open Application, and do not select a workspace.
5. Go to Views and add the view to the application
6. Go to Responsibilities
a. Siebel Administrator is uneditable;
b. Create a copy and name it "Siebel Administrator Extra";
c. Add the view to the new responsibility > add SADMIN user under Users;
d. Clear cache.
7. Go to Site Map > Navigate to Users
8. Make sure SADMIN has "Siebel Administrator Extra" as a responsibility
9. Log out
STEPS | NAVIGATION:
1. Open Application again
2. Go to workspaces and Inspect the new workspace
3. Go to Site Map and search for the new View
4. Go to "Activities Screen" and search in the drilldown for the new view
5. Deliver workspace
6. Test again > Go to "Activities Screen" and search in the drilldown for the new view
RESULTS | FINDINGS:
#3. Not there
#4. New View is not there
#6. After delivery, the view is there.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms