Using Authorized Position in Categories Transitions In State Model
(Doc ID 2424842.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199 [IP2013] to 18.6 [Release V8 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When defining a not Public transition from a category to another category, adding an authorized position allowed to perform the transition has no effect.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Created State model in Administration Application State Models on Sales Stage on Opportunity BC
2. Defined States, marked all as restricted
a. 1 - Identify (marked as default state)
b. 2 - Qualify
c. 3 - Qualification
d. 4 - Proposal
e. 5 - Finalist
3. Defined Categories:
a. CM Allowed
1 - Identify, 2 - Qualify, 3 - Qualification fall in this category
b. AC Allowed
4 - Proposal, 5 - Finalist states fall in this category
4. In Administration - Data --> sales Methods added all the 5 States
5. Defined Transition from CM Allowed to AC Allowed category and removed public flag.
6. Added a position so that only that position can perform the transition.
7. Restart the server or component to clear the State Model Cache.Cleared browser cache.
8. Logging into application with the position added in Step 5 and check if it's able to perform the transition from "1 - Identify" to any of the States of "Ac allowed" category.
9. It is not possible.
Checking the log it appears that the following query is executed and retrieving allowed transitions for authorized positions:
This retrieves 0 reccords when transition is defined from category to category and not from state to state.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document