IP17 - Browser Script In Business Service Is Not Working
(Doc ID 2454727.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.6 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 17.6 [IP2017] version, Siebel VB / eScript / COM
When attempting to ,
the following error occurs.
"The method 'TestBS' is not supported on Business Service 'TestBS'.(SBL-DAT-00323) pops up."
The same issue is seen if the BS is called from Applet Browser script. Applet browser script works fine but the BS browser script errors out.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Steps to replicate the issue in vanilla env:
1. Create a new workspace and open the workspace.
2. Create a new Business Service and add some browser script in the BS.
3. Create a new Command to call the Business Service and Method defined in the step 2. NOTE: the Target of the Command must be Browser
4. Create a new Menu Item or use existing Menu Item and add the custom command to trigger the Command in step 3 and add the Menu Item under the Application Menu (Generic WEB) -- Edit - I used existing Edit - SLM Save
Target List menu item.
5. In the Application user Property add the user property ClientBusinessService13
6. Deliver the workspace.
7. Bounce the server.
8. Generate the browser scripts.
9. Login to Application
10 Click on Edit - Testing
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document