Address Getting Defaulted To Previously Searched Address
(Doc ID 2456405.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.11 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.11 [IP2015] version, Siebel Workflow
After change the Application from old High Interactivity to Siebel OpenUI mode six month ago, Siebel users now notice that sporadically the incorrect Address is associated with the Account.
The address comes from a external system and there is a integration using Siebel Virtual Component (VBC) to query and and store the correct Address in Siebel Application. After some research the behavior can be reproduce at will in Siebel Application if user when query for an Address using Search By Address ID on a pick applet do NOT click on Query button and just click Ok button on the pick applet. After that a default address "19 MARLEY CT, LURNEA, NSW,2170" is associated with the Account that should NOT occur. Basically in old SIebel HI it was not possible to click Ok before click on Query button.
Another side effect we notice that once the user query for a address and later execute the same steps , but do not click on Query button on the Pick Applet field it will associate the results of the previous Query to the Account.
Siebel Application should not automatically associated an Address to the Account if the user has not explicit query for a Address by Adress ID.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Account screen
2. Navigate to bottom applet and check the Bill To Address area
3. On Billing Address: field click on location button to trigger the applet CCB Address VBC Pick Applet
4. The pop up applet has two tabs, in Associate Address tab select "Search by Address ID"
5. Do no click on the magnifying glass icon (Search) in the field after enter the Address ID do serch, normally the user need to click on the search since in old HI it was not possible to click OK before search.
6. Just close the pick applet, clicking on OK
7. The Billing Address now change to value "19 MARLEY CT,, LURNEA,NSW, 2170" this is wrong since this does NOT corresponding to the Address ID enter on step 5.
The behavior can NOT be test in standard SRF since all this functionality is customized using Virtual Business Components.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document