Siebel Remote: LOCAL_XE Database Initialization failing with error ORA-24816
(Doc ID 2458108.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Consumer Goods - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Remote / Replication / Anywhere - on version: 16.12 [IP2016]
Siebel LOCAL_XE Database Initialization issue
On a Development environment, after the successful setup of Oracle Client, Oracle XE DB and Siebel Tools, the Local DB initialization using Tools is failing.
"Upgrade Wizard did not complete successfully. Please examine the log file for details and restart the Siebel application to attempt the upgrade again."
- the step where it is failing is: "Importing user data"
- and relevant error in log file is:
[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-24816: Expanded non LONG bind data supplied after actual LONG or LOB column
The issue can be reproduced at will in customer's environment with the following steps:
1. Create Mobile Client on Server;
2. Run Generate New Database template (GenNewDB) job on server;
3. Run also the DbXtract job for the user from step 1 - all above steps done on server are successfully completing;
4. Open Siebel Tools and log on with the same user name from step 1 connecting to LOCAL_XE database;
6. Prompt for downloading the database extracted from server appears;
7. Remote Synchronization part starts and completes fine;
8. After some time, the Upgrade Wizard process shows the error above.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, Developer users cannot initialize their Local databases.
This can impact their ability to perform their work and also affect the project timelines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document