How to Add Records For Pick List Field "Application Version" To Setup An Automation Execution Configuration To Run Test Script with Jenkins?
(Doc ID 2460291.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Test Automation Execution in Site Map > Release > Automation Execution Configurations there is a required pick list field Application Version. But when the user clicks on this picklist it does not show any record to pick.
Based on research made, the pick list is based on Business Component Release Product which is associated to applet Release Product List Applet and view Release Product Administration View under Quality Screen.
Now on Site Map > Quality there is no Release Product Administration view, so the end user can not enter any record to use on required pick list field Application Version to create an Automation Execution Configuration. Because of that the user can not run any Test Scripts using Jenkins software to automate the Test Script as indicated in Note: 2396540.2 - Innovation Pack 17.0 Siebel Test Automation
The issue can be reproduced with following steps:
1) Login to Siebel Application
2) Navigate to Site Map > Release > Automation Execution Configurations
3) Click on + in the child form applet Automation Execution Configuration
4) In form applet Automation Execution Configuration click on required pick list field Application Version
5) No records show up, so the user can not pick any record.
6) As this is a required field there is no way to finish the Automation Execution Configuration.
7) Navigate to Site Map> Quality, there is no view Release Product Administration View
8) User can not create record to use on required pick list field on step 6), this is what user observed in his Quality screen:
The expected Quality screen can be observed below where you can enter records in Release Product Administration view creating record and indicate the Product, Version and Build, where build will be selected in
Automaton Execution Configuration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document