Task UI Does Not Launch Consistently from Button
(Doc ID 2461632.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.19 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.19 [IP2016] version, Task Based UI
Task UI process is not able to startup correctly for one Task (the same Task).
Issue does not occur for all users.
Since the error happens with different users and different Contact records, it is not easy to replicate the behavior consistently.
1. What error or condition could stop the task from opening normally?
2. What step in the task is responsible for executing the attached query?
The query lasted 14 seconds, which is too high in a Production environment. The expectation is for the query to last a few seconds.
3. What is adding, as a user search spec, the [Person UId] IS NULL filter ?
This does not make sense: the query is not doing what is expected in the business logic.
Task UI should launch every time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Launch application.
2. Launch Task via the button (Note: This is the only button that is related to Task UI).
Result. This invokes a Workflow Process that calls the Task using the vanilla Business Service"Task UI Service (SWE)".
The task hangs intermittently and does not display the expected Task view.
3. Click button again.
Result: "Your task has been automatically paused. To resume, locate and drill down on the task in your Inbox."
4. Exit from the application.
5. Restart the application and Task.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document