VBC Invoked For Second Time Gives Error
(Doc ID 2464853.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 184.108.40.206 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Customer used fins_enu object manager , and the process described here Siebel Healthcare Guide > Business Services for Siebel Financial Services > VBC Cache and Instance Manager >Stages of the Caching VBC Process ( https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B40099_02/books/HealthcareSIA/FinanceSIAbus_services7.html ) , in order to connect to an external system (Oracle Flexcube) and bring some transaction data in Siebel.
After displaying the transaction data in the child applet, two fields in the top applet based on FINCORP Account BC , became empty.
Invoking Get transactions again , throw error: [FINCORP Account.Account Branch Id] because the field was not active"
1. Navigate to Screen: FINS Financial Accounts Screen, View: FINS Financial Accounts More Info View
2.Check that a financial account is diplayed in top applet, notice the content of the Branch field and Status.
3. Then select CASA subview, then Account Transactions. This navigates to view "FINCORP BIB Account Transactions View"
4. Entered a start date and a end date , pushed Get transaction button.
On this step, the processing described here ( https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B40099_02/books/HealthcareSIA/FinanceSIAbus_services7.html ) is happening : “When we enter "Start Date" and "End Date" and click "Get Transactions" button, the underlying VBC is invoked using vanilla business service and the IO is instantiated with active BO and the same is passed as input argument to the underlying WF and it hits the external system (Oracle Flexcube) and responds with data and displays the same.”.
5. Expected transactions retrieved from external system are displayed in the child applet, but the branch and status fields in the top applet are getting empty. And if user invokes again the Get transactions, they receive the error: "A script failed to get the value for [FINCORP Account.Account Branch Id] because the field was not active"
6. If the user navigates to another view and the back, the branch and status fields are filled again with the expected data.
There were more changes in customer environment, the most important was that instead of standard workflow "FINS BIB Financial Transaction Populate VBC Workflow" , a customized workflow was used.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document