Cannot Create a Product Attribute Value Higher Than 999,999.99
(Doc ID 2477569.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.8 version, Order Management
Customer is indicating that they cannot add an attribute value higher than 999,999.99
The expectation is that a higher value could be entered.
1. Create Product "Product A" (Administration - Product > Product Definition)
2. Create Class "Class Test" (Administration - Product > Product Classes)
3. Create Attribute "Test" (Administration - Product > Attribute Definition)
4. Open Workspace for Attribute: enter the Data Type, Domain Type, and Maximum and Minimum values of (Number, Freeform, "111,111,111,111,111", 1)
5. Release Attribute
6. Assign Attribute to Class
7. Release Class
8. Assign Class to Product
9. Open Workspace for Product and add Constraint to match "The attribute Test != 0 requires the attribute Test >= maximum Test"
10. Release Product
11. Validate Product to open Configurator and add a numeric value to the Test Attribute higher then 999,999,999. You should then get an error that indicates "Bound to be less than or equal to the maximum value 999999999"
12. Max value configured is ignored when you put a constraint on the attribute. If you remove the Constraint in Step 9, then you are allowed to enter a much larger number value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document