CRM Desktop Synchronization Fails Sporadically With Error "Session Token is missing or invalid or has expired"
(Doc ID 2489478.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 17.0 [IP2017] to 18.11 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is having a problem syncing their appointments from MS Outlook with Siebel Enterprise using Siebel CRM Desktop plug-in. The user sporadically is not able to connect CRM Desktop to Siebel Enterprise to synchronize data from MS Outlook and Siebel.
The issue cannot be reproduced at will but it is happening very frequently with following steps:
- Open MS Outlook with Siebel CRM Desktop plug-in installer
- On CRM Desktop enter the credentials and let the First Run Assistance complete the setup.
- User is able to connect to Siebel Enterprise and execute the initial synchronization.
- Later user comes back and create some appointment on MS Outlook and try to synchronize the latest changes doing a Local Sync
- The error above show up for the user and he is not able to synchronize data anymore with Siebel Enterprise.
On the CRM Desktop general log and on the CRM Desktop SoapDump (.xml) files, the following error can also be observed:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document