SSSE Crash Seen During Initial Sync Due To Time Zone Offset
(Doc ID 2492085.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Server Sync - Microsoft Exchange Server - Version 16.10 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.10 [IP2016] version, SSSE
During initial sync PIMSI jobs are getting crashed for users while syncing data from outlook exchange server to Siebel. Issue is seen for the Time Zone Name: (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague under Administration (like UTC+1 or UTC+2) and events are getting failed.
This is due to Time Zone Offset is getting appended
SSSE- Crash happening while doing Initial Sync for users where user as created 3 events with Time zone (like UTC+1 or UTC+2) and found events are failing due to Error "Failed to translate time zone".
While syncing PIMSI Engine is querying with Offset as 120 and is OK, for 2nd Event, Offset is queried as '120120' and for 3rd '120120120' and so on. Due to which only Ist Transaction is getting created and rest all are failing.
Crash should not seen and PIMSI Engine should consider all events even though Offset is getting appended
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. User created a 3 events in outlook
2. Tried to sync the events
3. Only first event got synced to siebel and found failing due to Error Failed to translate time zone
4. From Logs Offset is getting time zone in Siebel and if Offset is 120 for first transaction it is querying with Offset as 120
5. For second transaction querying with Offset as 120120, third with 120120120 keep on appending/increasing
6. Hence only first transaction is success
7. Further to test, manually created another entry in Time Zone Admin>>Details and added another entry with '120120'
8. Repeat same test, with this 1st and 2nd events are created in to Siebel and subsequent failed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document