Content Objects Require Deployment to MAIN Workspace Instead of Using Inspect Button
(Doc ID 2496005.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New content objects are being created for use with ADM. A few of them are created in developer's own workspace, and the developer tried to inspect the same workspace in the application, in the ADM screen.
What happens is that the new content objects are not there in the application, in this way. The inspect feature here is about using Siebel eCommunications AOM, and not in Web Tools. The steps followed are the following:
1. SADMIN open Siebel Tools.
2. Create new Workspace named "dev_sadmin_content_object_workspace" and open it.
3. Make changes to Content Objects, create new ones and change existing ones.
In this case, create a new content object named 'Copy Responsibilities - Views - Users' by using Copy Record on vanilla content object `Responsibilities - Views - Users'.
4. SADMIN Logins to Siebel eCommunications or another application such as Siebel Call Center.
5. Click on Cube icon, the workspace dev_sadmin_content_object_workspace is shown as Edit-In-Progress, and is highlighted.
6. Click on Open icon. After that the Inspect button becomes visible
7. Click on Inspect button, screen is automatically refreshed.
8. Click on X close which is by the workspace name
"dev_sadmin_content_object_workspace" in upper right. You start seeing blue progress bar which is characteristic of Inspecting workspaces.
9. Navigate to Site Map > Application Deployment Manager > Data Type Details.
10. Click on + button to create a new Data Type, in Content Object field query for the new Content Object, it is not there.
It has to be done in Workspace: Checkpoint, Submit For Delivery, and Deliver to the Main Workspace. After this the new content objects are there in Inspect button in the application.
According to Bookshelf, these object types are workspace enabled. Should it not be possible to test them using one's own workspace and the Inspect feature?
Please confirm if this is a bug or if there are more of these object types that must be delivered to Main Workspace to be able to be used?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document