Siebel Automation Plugin Does Not Return Build Failure When Automation Script Errors Out
(Doc ID 2508327.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.11 version, Installation
Siebel Automation Plugin does not return build failure when Automation script errors out
Automation script errors out
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a Automation Script that fails - For Eg, Login using AutoOn set and start recording.
2. Go to Opportunities View, Query for any Oppty that does not exist, then click on + to add a New Opportunity Record and fill in the details.
3. Drill down on the Opportunity Name.
4. Stop and Save Recording.
5. Replay the recorded script and notice that the script errors out with a Unique index violation which is expected.
6. Import the script and create a Master Suite record.
7. Next create a Automation Execution Record.
8. Login into Jenkins and drill down on the Automation pipeline (Note pipeline is setup as per documentation and nothing extra).
9. Click on Build now button.
10. The plugin picks up the Automation exec record (generated from earlier step) and the build completes with a "SUCCESS".
Build should fail because there was a unique index violation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document