Penalty Not Added On Promotion Downgrade
(Doc ID 2529984.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.13 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.13 [IP2014] version, Order Management
The penalty should be added during the upgrade promotion after the root product is disconnected
STEPS TO REPLICATE THE ISSUE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.Import the product structure successfully
2. Create a new Order
3. Add Promotion1 as line item
4. Submit Order
5. Change the status of all the line items to 'Complete'
6. Click on 'Auto Asset'
7. Verify under the Account Summary view for the Assets
8. Select the Promotion1 and click on disconnect9. Commit Broken message will appear
10. Accept the Commit Broken Confirmation to proceed to Order
11. A penalty is added for breaking the commitment in the Order Line Items (Penalty Charges product gets added)
12. Drop the above order and mark the status of all the line items to Abandoned to test the scenario which leads to the actual issue(Or simply delete this order for testing purpose)
13. Navigate back to Account Summary View and now raise a Upgrade Promotion Order from Method Menu Item> Upgrade Promotion
14. We can witness that a Penalty was not added to the Order although Grandchild1 is disconnected (Action Code is Delete)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users incurring loss on every promotion upgrade/downgrade order due to non addition of penalty charges.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document