Attachments with Non-English or Special Characters in the Title Are Corrupted When Uploaded
(Doc ID 2539545.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.4 to 19.3 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Any PDF files that were uploaded as attachments to Siebel were getting corrupted when they were attempted to be opened. The issue happened when any Japanese characters were in the title of the PDF file.
After downloading the PDF file attached to Siebel and attempting to open the same, the below error was shown:
There were other formats that had similar issue. The formats were:
This same issue was found to be the case for some other languages as well that the files would fail if a upload was done with anything that the system saw as a special character in the text of the title.
1. Navigate to any Attachment applet (Site Map >Accounts > Attachments)
2. Attach a PDF file that has a Non-English character(for example Kanji characters like 移行ツ or accented characters like öäü) in the title.
3. Once the file is attached, download the file
4. Open file that was downloaded.
5. Will be presented with error which indicates the PDF was not decoded correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document