Alarm Chime and a Flashing Button in Task Bar for Alarmed Activity do not Occur
(Doc ID 2558586.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.5 [IP2016] to 19.8 [Release V16 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As described in Siebel documentation (Siebel CRM Fundamentals Guide Siebel Innovation Pack 2016->Using the Calendar ->About Using Alarms for Activities), an alarm does not appear if the Siebel application is not the active application on your desktop when the alarm is due. Instead, you hear the alarm chime and you see a flashing button in your task bar. You can click the flashing button in the task bar to view the alarm.
However it was reported that alarm chime and flashing button don't occur.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to application and navigate to Calendar screen ( View: HI Activity Outlook Calendar View )
2. Click on + sign and add an activity, check the Alarm flag for it. Set the start time so it will be more than 5 minutes between the current time and the start time. ( e.g 7-8 minutes )
3. Save the activity and switched to another application than Siebel without closing Siebel.
4. Wait 3-4 minutes so according with alarm lead time, the alarm chime and flashing should occur
5. Nothing happens and if you switched to Siebel, the alarm popup is on the screen. So alarm triggers but if siebel application is not active, there is no external sign that would let users know about the alarm.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document