Only 20 WfProcMgr Tasks From S_SRM_REQUEST Are Running At A Time With A 5 Minute Gap In Between Each Batch Of 20 Tasks
(Doc ID 2575343.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199.14 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After an OS upgrade in Development environment, a workflow process that used to process 100 records at one time in one batch is now processing only 20 records at a time with a 360 seconds (5 minute) pause/gap in between every 20 records.
As a result of this, workflow process sends out only 20 emails at a time with a 360 second gap in between each 20 record batches.
For example: When customer sends in 100 records, it should process the 100 record at once - this is how it works before the OS upgrade and is the correct behaviour.
Now after the OS upgrade, it processes 20 records, then stops/pauses/has a gap for 360 seconds and then it processes the next set of 20 records and repeats this cycle until the rest of the 100 records are processed. This is not the correct behaviour.
The behaviour occurs as follows:
1. Send 100 records into Siebel through Inbound Web Services.
2. Inbound web service invokes a main workflow process.
3. Main workflow process runs, checks each of the 100 record, for each of them, it inserts a row into the S_SRM_REQUEST table, so there are 100 WfProcMgr jobs in the S_SRM_REQUEST table. Each of these WfProcMgr instance does an update to the SR and sends an email.
4. Expectation is that all 100 emails are sent out in one batch, ie., all these 100 WfProcMgr tasks should get executed in parallel or at least very quickly in a short amount of time.
5. However, only 20 emails are sent out, then there is a gap of 360 seconds before another 20 emails are sent out again. This repeats for all the rest of the emails, ie. 20 at a time with 360 seconds in between.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document