Trackable URLs in Web Offers are not Working as z Parameter is Missing
(Doc ID 2580253.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Email Marketing Server - Version 16.17 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trackable URLs in web offers are not working as z parameter is missing in the generated URL.
The following behavior was reproduced with EMS version 2.17.8:
1. Setup a marketing environment with EMS version 2.17.8 (ctd and wsd daemons are required). Also setup emarketing application as per bookshelf: Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Setting Up Web Marketing >
Setting Up Siebel Web Marketing
2. Create a campaign with a web offer and a web treatment
3. Add a trackable url to the treatment
4. Add a list containing Siebel administrator contact and allocate the treatment
5. Load and launch the campaign
6. Set the following system preferences to the campaign code and web treatment code.
Default Campaign Source Code
Default Offer Code
7. Login to emarketing as Siebel administrator user and in the "Featured offers" applet on the home page should be visible the web treatment created in step 2
8. Check the link generated for the trackable URL and note that Z parameter is missing:
As per the document "How Do Trackable URLs 'Click on URL' in Siebel 8.1.x Work and How are They Structured? (Doc ID 1270666.1)", the structure of the generated url should contain z parameter:
The z parameter is decrypted on CTD side. Only if the value matches, then the end user is redirected to the destination URL, otherwise an error page is displayed.
9. Clicking on the generated url throws an error: "Website not found! The site that you are trying to access cannot be found"
10. Try to set ctd.validateParameters parameter to false in the ctd properties file as suggested in Doc ID 974900.1, and test again. It has no effect, the same error is thrown when accessing the generated url.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document