Database locks of S_SSA_ID Table During Merge Record With Audit Trail Enabled
(Doc ID 2586538.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.0 [IP2016] to 19.8 [Release V16 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing Contacts or Accounts merge operation on Siebel due to system slowness at time it can lead to general system lock down due to deadlock situation.
This is similar to the behavior described on the following document:
High Concurrency in Updating SSA_ID Table Resulting in Row Lock Contention on DB with SBL-DAT-00523 Error in Siebel (Doc ID 2194878.1)
The customer had increased "RowId Suffix Cache Size" system preference value to 3000 without a definitive solution.
This behavior is related to DB2 z/OS database platform.
How to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps on standard Siebel:
1) Set "RowId Suffix Cache Size" System Preferences to 1
Note: This value is set to 1 just for the purpose of facilitating the reproduction
2) Enable Audit Trail of Deletes for the Contact buscomp, for example.
'Cascade Clear (Merge)'
'Cascade Delete Assoc (Merge)'
'Cascade Delete (Merge)'
and add the links Contact/CUT Address, and Contact/Position as audited under
the Contact buscomp in the audit admin.
3) Create a way to keep inserting rows under Service Requests > Activities, for example
4) Create two contacts and set addresses for them
5) Start the insertion (batch processing from script, for example) on Service Requests > Activities
6) Merge the two contacts
7) Observe that when the Merge is happening the Service Requests > Activities insertion script hangs for a little while
Note: In real scenario when the merge operation takes several minutes the entire system hangs and all users are impacted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document