Siebel 18.9 : Integration Workspace Approach
(Doc ID 2586541.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Siebel version 18.9, a full migrations will be perform to higher environments and all OMs on all environments are currently pointing to MAIN workspace. For ongoing releases, developers are publishing their workspaces to MAIN branch.
A new module/development will start this month which will have approximately 150-200 object changes, but the changes will be planned to go live early next year 2020.
Here is the following plan or approach to deliver this new module:
1. Create one integration workspace to have these changes delivered. All developers will deliver their workspaces to this integration workspace.
2. Incrementally migrate this integration workspace to SIT environment using migration application.
3. Create a new Object Manager on SIT which will point to this integration workspace.
4. Using separate URL for this new OM, this new module will be tested.
5. Once go-live for this module is planned, deliver this integration workspace to MAIN. Resolve the conflicts observed in the process.
6. Perform regression.
7. Perform full migration to UAT and production.
Please confirm whether:
1. This approach looks okay for achieving the goal.
2. Any intermediate Full Migrations (only MAIN workspace) will not affect the existing functionalities in the production.
3. There will not be any issues in delivering Integration Workspace of multiple developer workspaces and more than 200 objects in MAIN branch
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document