CRM Desktop Calendar Sync Always Leads To The Timezone Other Than The Default Timezone Mentioned.
(Doc ID 2598113.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 16.19 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.19 [IP2016] version, CRM Desktop for Outlook
CRM Desktop user created an appointment on his calendar in MS Outlook and checked that Time Zone is set to '(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna' clicking on the Time Zone button on MS Outlook Appointment applet. After that he executed a CRM Desktop Local Sync and the appointment is created in Siebel Web Client Application and when the user verified the Time Zone in Siebel Web Application it correct showed '(GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna', so the Local Sync worked as expected.
Now after the Local Sync the user updated the appointment in Siebel Web Client, changing the appointment Description field. Notice that no change were made on the appointment's time zone. The user go back to MS Outlook and executed a Full Sync to get the updates in Siebel Web Client to MS Outlook. After that the time zone in MS Outlook for the appointment changed to '(GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague' which is wrong since no change were made to the time zone, only the Description was changed. The Description is updated as expected.
The expectation is that the Full Sync should NOT change the Time Zone for the appointments in MS Outlook
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure that in Siebel Application the User Preferences Time Zone and in the Windows machine the Time Zone are the same.
2. Create an appointment in MS Outlook and execute a Local Sync.
3. Check in Siebel Web Client the Time Zone of the appointment, it correct show the same Time Zone
4. After that modify the appointment in Siebel Web Client, for example change Description
5. Execute a Full Sync
6. Check the Time Zone in MS Outlook, it change to the same offset, but the time zone select is different.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document