Chrome Prevents Subsequent Field Updates Once RaiseErrorText Has Been Invoked
(Doc ID 2605252.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 19.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Siebel 19.8, Chrome browser prevents subsequent field updates once RaiseErrorText has been invoked from PreSetFieldValue method.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Siebel Tools, create a new Workspace
2. Set immediate post change to true for Location, Name and Main Phone Number fields in Account BC
3. Add PreSetFieldValue script to the BC (in this case, Account):
4. Save the script
5. Inspect the Workspace
6. In the client application, navigate to the Account screen
7. Create a new record and enter 'ABC Co.' for Name field and step out. The record is saved without any issue.
8. Create a new record and enter 'ABC Company' and tab out. Note the expected RaiseErrorText message
9. Click "OK" on the message
10. Change 'ABC Company' to 'ABC Co. 1' and tab out
11. 'ABC Co. 1' does not remain, also checking network tab to confirm there is no request triggered for this update.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document