Issue With Auto 'Open With' Option in Firefox Browser
(Doc ID 2624757.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 30, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 19.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 19.1 version, Client Functionality
When using Firefox to login Siebel and download the attachment (for example, pdf file) from activity, Firefox always asks user to pick software to open the attachment, even user checked 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login Siebel and go to 'Activities' -> 'All Activities'
2. Create a new activity, then click the 'Type' hyperlink to choose 'Attachments' tab (ie Activity Attachment View)
3. Clikc 'New File' to attach a PDF into the activity
4. Then click the hyperlink (in 'Attachment Name') to download the attachment.
5. After clicking 'Download' button in 'File Download' popup, check 'Oepn with' "Adobe Acrobat Reader" and check the 'Do this automatically for files like this from now on' checkbox
6. Logout Siebel, close the Firefox. Open a new Firefox instance, login again. Goto the same activity and download the same attachment
7. Firefox will still popup the dialog box
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document