Activity Comment Formatting Issue
(Doc ID 2627931.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.19 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Noticed Activity comments are adding HMTL Elements when it is created. When user hovers over List Column, it should show data without HTML tags.
HTML should not be added to the comment field. But now, when user hovers over List Column, it shows data along with HTML tags.
Issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to Activity Form Applet.
2. Change HTML Type of "Comments" control from TextArea to RTCEmbedded.
3. Navigate to Activity List Applet With Navigation.
4. Copy or duplicate "Comments" List Column.
5. Set HTML Type of "Comments" to "TextArea".
6. Set HTML Type of "copied Comments" to "RTCEmbedded".
7. Compile both the Applets and launch Siebel application in web client.
8. Navigate to Activity List View.
9. Create a new record. Copy/paste a "bold" phrase from MS-word document to "Comments" field on Activity Form Applet.
10. Save the record.
11. Hover over either "Comments" or "copied Comments" List Column on Activity List Applet With Navigation.
12. The data displayed will have HTML tags. Screenshot is attached for reference.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document