Email Marketing: ESD Is Not Capturing Synchronous Bounce On New Linux System
(Doc ID 2634775.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Email Marketing Server - Version 16.18 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After install a new Email Sending Daemon (ESD) on a Linux Server and upgrade ESD from build 629 to version 2.18, the ESD stop capturing synchronous bounces for incorrect email addresses.
In order to verify if the issue was related to the new version a test was made with previous ESD version 629 on Windows, but the problem persisted.
The issue can be reproduced now at will with the following steps:
1. Launch a Siebel Marketing Campaign
2. Some test email addresses are sent by ESD component
3. There are some invalid email addresses on the campaign list
4. After the Campaign Wave completes when the user check the campaign list all the Contacts show status Sent
5. Even the incorrect email addresses show the status Send and not Bounce as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document