Unable To Re-launch Siebel After Closing Browser Tab - Session Warning Message Is Returned
(Doc ID 2638009.1)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 19.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to keep using the existing Siebel session by opening a new browser tab after the Siebel tab had been closed the following error occurs:
You have initiated a Siebel session while another Siebel session is currently active. Please choose the option that applies to you.
- You already have a Siebel session with unsaved data running in another browser window. To save data from a second session go to the already open session and either save and exit or continue to use that data.
- You do not have unsaved data in your other session and wish to close it and launch a new session. Click here
- You have closed your previous Siebel browser instance using the Close instead of the Logoff feature and wish to open a new Siebel session. Click here
It can be reproduced using standard repository, and no multiple tabbed browsing has been configured.
1. Login to Siebel application
2. Open a new browser tab
3. Switch back to the Siebel tab and copy the Siebel URL, i.e. https://webserver:port/siebel/app/application_name/enu
4. Close the Siebel tab, switch to new tab, wait for +3s, and then past the Siebel URL and hit enter
5. You should get the above Session Warning Message
Note: If the step 4 is quickly executed the reported behavior is not reproduced.
19.7 Update installation
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document