CRM Desktop Failed With Multiple Organizations
(Doc ID 2648196.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 16.19 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user's has reported that when a calendar meeting is create from an Outlook Shared Calendar and then adding a contact with different or outside the organization it failed with the following error message below:
Steps to reproduce the issue:
A. On Siebel Callcenter:
1. I have created two Employees with different Organization as shown below:
a. TEST1 | Organization(US Team)
b. TEST2| Organization(PR Team)
B. On CRM Desktop:
- I have created a new meeting "Test 1 Org" using Outlook Shared Calendar from an External Organizer(firstname.lastname@example.org) on Scheduling Assistant and add TEST1(email@example.com) as attendees. I have following the Microsoft forum link "Share an Outlook calendar with other people" for the Outlook Shared Calendar.
2. Open the new meeting from TEST1(firstname.lastname@example.org) calendar and clickthe CRM Desktop Share bar and add a new contact TEST2.
3. Run a Synchronization
4. Sync successfully and the meeting was inserted in Siebel Callcenter.
5. Now, this issue is intermitted and something occurred when creating a new meeting or updating the same meeting "Test 1 Org" ans sync or when another new meeting is created and then sync.
For example; if you create another meeting from Outlook Shared Calendar or from the TEST1(email@example.com) and make some change to an existing meeting "Test 1 Org", for some reason CRM Desktop stop sync but no error message is capture in CRM Desktop Control Panel. But if you delete the existing meeting "Test 1 Org" and then the following error message "Error in iCal processing - PUT request failed to updated record. Please find more info in Siebel DAV Logs." was captured on CRM Desktop Control Panel and error message below from EAI Component Logs:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document