Jaws And NVDA Screen Reader Is Not Reading Correctly For Disabled Menu Option In IE
(Doc ID 2671832.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Public Sector Service - Version 18.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accessibility screen Reader like JAWS and NVDA tool is not reading correctly Disabled Menu Options in IE browser
If menu option is disabled screen reader should read "<Menu Option> unavailable", but reader just reading Option name it is not confirming the user option is unavailable
1. Launch Siebel Application and Screen Reader
2. Go to Application Menu "File"
3. With the help of Keyboard select Menu items
4. Screen reads items Auto 1 of 1 which is enable and read as "Auto"
5. By using keyboard moving down select menu option "Synchronize Database... [Shift+F5] " which is disabled just read as follows "Synchronize Database... [Shift+F5]"
Instead screen reader should have read as "Synchronize Database... [Shift+F5] unavailable" by confirming the user that option is unavailable
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document