How to Differentiate Between Values Shown for Event Type and Session Type?
(Doc ID 2685522.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.19 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If one adds values to the EVENT_FORMAT LOV, and exposes them by adding Child Values to EVENT under SOURCE TYPE (Internal), the values are shown for both Event Type and Session Type.
If one adds values to the EVENT_FORMAT LOV, and exposes them by adding Child Values to SESSION under SOURCE TYPE (Internal), the values are only shown for Session Type and not for Event Type.
How to differentiate between values shown for Event Type and Session Type?
For more details about the setup please see below scenario:
1) Adding two values as List of Values (one to be shown as Event Type, the other as Session Type):
2) Adding the AN Event as a child to SOURCE_TYPE (Internal) – EVENT under List of Values Explorer:
3) Adding the AN Session as a child to SOURCE_TYPE (Internal) – SESSION under List of Values Explorer:
The result is that AN Session only shows for Session, but AN Event shows for both Event and Session. To see this you have to follow the steps below:
1) Go to Events>>All Events across Organization
2) Select your event
3) Go below in Events applet
4) Go to "Type" field an open the drop down list
5)Notice that only "AN Event" is present to be selected
Now if you Go to Events>>All Events across Organization
6) Select your event again
7) Now press on the event name link in the Event Name field
8) From the lower menu bar select Schedule tab
9) Then select Sessions tab
10) Now select a session and in the "Type" field open the drop down list
Notice that both "AN Event " and "AN Session " are present to be selected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document