Test Script Execution Shows Errors In Test Script Report For Pick List When Using a NULL Value on Pick Field
(Doc ID 2693836.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Users wants to test the behavior of a Siebel while testing a tester can by mistake select wrong drop down by mistake, that is instead of selecting a value and then unselect it, user does not select anything and just close the pick list clicking outside of the field. After that it goes to to another pick list drop down on the same applet.
When this steps are save on a Test Script and later played it fails for the scenario above, the Test Script has two consecutive steps to pick a value on a pick applet, but if the user select NULL for both pick lists the Test Script Play fails and Test Script report show an error.
Steps for reproduce:
1) Login to Siebel Loyalty Object Manager Application using ?SWECmd=AutoOn
2) Go to Loyalty Member screen
3) In Loyalty Form Applet do a query,
4) Click on Member group and move the mouse over the drop down values but dont select any value
5) Then select a value from Member Class drop down
6) Execute the query
7) Stop recording
8) Generate the TestScript and PLAY it, the play doe snot execute the query and we can see an error on Test Script Report on step 5).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document