Siebel Developers Can Not Compile Workflow On Fresh Siebel Database Created from Siebel CRM 20.7 Binaries OR Some Workflows Fail To Compile After Apply 20.7 to An Existing 19.x/20.x
(Doc ID 2695517.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2023
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.7 to 20.7 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Scenario A - Brand new Database created from 20.7 binaries or 20.7 update on a Database where no active workflow exists
- Siebel Administrator installed Siebel Innovation Pack 2017 and on top of that Siebel CRM 20.7 Update and skip PostInstallDBSetup, since the plan is to create a brand new Database with latest Primary Repository of Siebel CRM 20.7 for a sandbox environment.
- After that Database Configuration Wizard was executed with success to create a brand new Siebel Enterprise environment with a fresh Siebel CRM 20.7 standard Database. The environment startup properly and Siebel users were able to login to the Siebel Application.
- But Siebel Developers were unable to deliver any new workflow or update setting Inactive flag to N existing workflows. The deliver is executed in Siebel Tools without any errors on Tools UI, but no records was created in S_RR_WORFLOW as expected.
- This is part of the new Workflow in Workspaces functionality introduced in Siebel CRM 20.7 Update. For more details about this new functionality please review the Transfer or Information presentation "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview".
To access that go to Document "Get Proactive - Oracle Applications Transfer of Information (TOI) Online Training (Doc ID 732026.1)" > on drop down "Choose a Product Line" select "Siebel" and search for the presentations available and click on "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview"
Scenario B - Updating to to 20.7 from a previous IP 2017 version where multiple workflows have been activated
- Siebel Developers notice that not ALL workflow were compiled and when trying to edit and deliver these workflows that failed during PostInstallDBSetup process the following error is observed:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document